TIME LEFT TO ENTER...
Best Family Business Award
Sponsored by Plastec NI
This award celebrates and recognises the achievements of established family owned businesses across all industry sectors in the Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council area that have successfully blended strong business acumen and family engagement. The applicants will be judged on distinctive business practices that have helped the business prosper and grow alongside the family commitment to smooth succession planning.
Applications should display the following:
- Company background along with story of the growth of the family business
- Clear description of the business to show how it is a ‘family business’ – expectation is that it is at a minimum a second-generation family business
- The business practices employed through the generations that have enabled the business to grow and prosper – specific examples are welcomed to display this
- Contribution of the business to the council area over the years
- Succession planning and vision for the business into the next generation
This is a written submission award. Please download, complete and return the official application form no later than 5pm Monday 27th January 2020.
Stage 1 of the judging process will be to shortlist submissions based on the criteria above. Shortlisted finalists will be notified by Monday 3rd February 2020 and will be invited to take part in Stage 2 of the judging process. Please note that if an applicant is shortlisted for this stage, they must be available to attend a 15-minute interview/presentation with the judging panel, followed by Q&A, on Tuesday 11th February 2020 at Lagan Valley Island, Lisburn. The panel will then rank the shortlist based on the interview. If you have entered the Best Tourism Business Award, Excellence in Customer Service Retail Award, Best Licensed Eating Establishment Award or Best Non-Licensed Eating Establishment Award, stage 2 of the judging process will be a mystery shopping visit and you will not be required to attend an interview.