TIME LEFT TO ENTER...
Best Social Enterprise Business Award
Sponsored by Social Enterprise NI
The Social Economy Business Award is for businesses that trade for social or environmental purposes in the community sector, the voluntary sector or the social enterprise sector. This award will recognise the outstanding work carried out by social entrepreneurs in Lisburn and Castlereagh and marks the contributions they have made in changing the future of their communities for the better.
This award is open to all social enterprises located in the Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council area that have applied commercial strategies to maximise improvements in human and environmental well-being.
Applications should include:
- How the business has a clear social or environmental mission that is set out in its governing documents
- How the business is an independent business and earns more than half of its income through trading
- The company’s aims and objectives for working with the local community
- Initiatives or strategies that your organisation has implemented to make a positive impact on the local community or individuals
- How the business reinvests or gives away at least half of its profits or surpluses towards its social purpose
- How the business is transparent about how it operates and the impact it has
This is a written submission award. Please download, complete and return the official application form no later than 5pm Monday 27th January 2020.
Stage 1 of the judging process will be to shortlist submissions based on the criteria above. Shortlisted finalists will be notified by Monday 3rd February 2020 and will be invited to take part in Stage 2 of the judging process. Please note that if an applicant is shortlisted for this stage, they must be available to attend a 15-minute interview/presentation with the judging panel, followed by Q&A, on Tuesday 11th February 2020 at Lagan Valley Island, Lisburn. The panel will then rank the shortlist based on the interview.